Here’s an early first few impressions of a jacket I recently bought. To be honest I’m a little disappointed in the jacket and in myself for buying it. I bought it on impulse: something I only very rarely do. I was after a lightweight dual purpose jacket I could use for running and use on the bike.
- really bright day-glow yellow, with a reflective trim
- just £45 (and perhaps this is where the problem lies)
- complete with a really useful stuff sack which is well made and has a useful Velcro strap
- nice slim fit but as it is not cycle specific the tail doesn’t come down too far
- the elasticated sleeves are long enough for cycling
- very light; the label says <150g / 5oz for the medium size
So what am I about to whine about? Well, it doesn’t seem very breathable. One day I rode to work and worked moderately hard and I was wearing a cotton polo shirt underneath. The sweat was “significant” and once again I’m thankful to have an office for myself. On thinking the polo short caused the problem, I wore a couple of thin wicking layers and the problem persisted, although less so. On a practical note, there’s not one pocket.
These are my first impressions and I haven’t even used it for running so I might need to update it later. I’m not impressed, I wish I’d done some research and got something better.
My cycling in the rain guide