Being 55 I might be a little older and I’m certainly not sure about being wiser.
People who know me personally will already know that I live in a kind of denial as far as this middle age lark is concerned. As much as I might resist it, I’m coming to terms with it as some of the tell-tale signs are now becoming undeniable. As much as these are noticeable and do bother me a little, I’m determined to make the most of things and staying as healthy as I can.
Here’s 10 things I am noticing these days:
- Very easy to gain weight these days, metabolism is definitely slowing right down
- My hair has receded and becoming much thinner
- My eyesight has deteriorated very noticeably in recent years and there is a marked difference between my eyes
- My new job (now 12 months old) has taken me longer to settle into than I expected
- My eyebrows and the hairs in my nostrils are growing!!!!
- Noticeably stiff early in the mornings
- Blood pressure is creeping up
- I am thinking more about retirement and possibly reducing my hours at work as a step towards retirement
- If I watch TV in the evening, I generally end up “resting my eyes” on the sofa
- I feel the cold far more these days
Related: More on being 50