Trying to juggle family life with two children and a wife, a busy job, organising an electrician plus plumber, some running, some cycling, some blogging, writing a book, time to go “flop” in February all takes some doing. But I love it; although sometimes I question the busy job with the pressure it brings.
Here’s a few highlights:
- The snow has gone and running is easier. Last weekend I had two nice runs, although I am a little behind in my MK Marathon training schedule but time to catch up.
- I have run twice during the working week. Both times I turn off my computer, go and change into my running gear. In my yellow jacket I have been compared to a highlighter pen.
- One of these runs I was accompanied by my colleague who has run with me quite a few times. I quite like it because we’re similar age and at a similar standard. We run at a pace where we can still have some kind of conversation with each other without being totally out of breath. We do about 5 miles.
- We got over taken by another runner (who said “hi”) and he looked a fantastic runner. He was gliding along so effortlessly, almost as if he was a gazelle, and quite fast too. Impressive.
- I ran the same route the following day on my own and timed myself – this time much faster but it seemed to take much longer! Effect of running with someone else is interesting….
- Had a session on the cycle turbo trainer one evening. Amazing how in 20 minutes I am sweating away nicely. After 40 minutes the session concludes in feeling fantastic but being nudged towards the bathroom for a shower by my loving family
- I am trying out some Montmorency cherry juice from the Proteins Depot for another forthcoming product review
- Now we are in February I am easily noticing the increased daylight hours which is fantastic!